The Toronto Transit Commission (T.T.C.) has announced with final approval of City Council, that fares will increase on January 1st, 2014. Cash fares will remain the same at $3.00 (adults), $2.00 (seniors), and $0.75 (children.)
However, other fares options will increase as follows:
- Tokens, and PRESTO cards will raise five cents to $2.70.
- The weekly pass will increase 75 cents to $39.25.
- The regular Metropass increases to $133.75, an increase of $5.25
- The Tier 1 Metropass increases $4.75 to 120.25.
- The Tier 2 Metropass increases to $119, up $5.75.
- The Tier 3 Metropass increases $4.75 to 117.75
- The post secondary, and senior, Metropasses go up $2 to $108
- The day pass goes up from $10.75 to $11.oo.
- Senior tickets will increase to $1.85.
- The Greater Toronto Area (G.T.A.) weekly pass increases $1 to $56.
- The downtown express sticker increases to $38.50, up from $37.75.
- The Metropass Discount Plan increases to $122.50 (adults) and $98 (seniors.)
Costs for operating the T.T.C. has increased, so these costs are being passed along to users. These costs will take effect only if City Council passes the proposed increases, which it likely will.
- TTC hikes token cost by nickel; Metropass goes to $133.75 a month (metronews.ca)
- Toronto Transit Commission announces fair hikes to help balance $1.6-billion budget (news.nationalpost.com)
- TTC approves fare hike for tokens, Metropass (cbc.ca)
- TTC fares heading north by a nickel (thestar.com)
- TTC board votes to hike price of tokens and metropasses (cp24.com)